Nov 2, 2012 2:00am PDT
knows aren't true. >> reporter: president obama also visits seven states between now and election day with a focus on ohio, his must-win state. he'll be there every day between now and the election, making his closing arguments, highlighting higher home prices and victory overseas. >> al qaeda has been decimated. osama bin laden is dead. so we've made real progress these past four years. >> reporter: the president picked up an endorsement from new york mayor michael blo bloomberg. earlier this week, bloomberg said they were too busy cleaning up from the storm for a presidential visit, but he applauds the president's record on climate change. so how will it shake out on tuesday? >> i think romney has a 50/50 chance to win the popular vote. i think it's harder to see him winning the electoral vote. >> reporter: a possible split verdict from a nation already deeply divided. an anxious end to what's been a very long campaign. lynn. >> all right, tracie. thanks. a quick program note for you. sunday on "meet the press," david gregory getting the final word of the 2012 dam pain from obama st
Oct 31, 2012 2:00am PDT
reaching jeep production whether not be moved from the united states to china, it is inaccurate to suggest anything different. today president obama tours the storm devastation in atlantic city and vice president biden makes two campaign stops in florida. mr. romney will also be in florida as he makes three stops. paul ryan will spend the day campaigning in his home state of wisconsin. let's get back to sandy, because two of the three major airports serving the new york area, kennedy and newark, they'll start to reopen with limited service later this morning, but the super storm created a worldwide ripple effect. many are still stranded overseas. so we want to check in with michelle kosinski from london. good morning. >> reporter: right, it does have that sort of snowballing effect that we see with any major travel destruction around the world, but of course this is a big one with so many airports closed for more than one day now. one expert was estimating that more than 50,000 travelers have been affected just between new york and london. sounds like a big number for a short perio
Oct 29, 2012 2:00am PDT
in harm's way. >> reporter: president obama canceled events in virginia and colorado and will do one last rally in florida before heading to washington. he met with fema overseeing the government's plans to help states and cities. >> anything they need, we will be there. and we're going to cut through red tape. we're not going to get bogged down with a lot of rule. >> reporter: in florida he told campaign workers, turnout is the key. >> whoever is able to get their voters out will win florida. >> reporter: that could be tough in states where sandy is headed. maryland has canceled early voting and virginia, a battleground state could see power outages lasting until election day. >> several months ago and we had the third largest power outage in history but got everything back on in pretty much seven days. >> reporter: virginia is already planning to extend its hours for absentee voting and early votes, an sentys, early voting could be critical. 40% of this election it's believed will be decided before election day. we're waiting to see if sandy will let the other 60% get out and vote.